Your Acceptance of These Terms
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEB SITE.
Information We Collect and How We Use It.
- Personal Information.“Personal information” is information that is uniquely identifiable to you, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card number and other personal information that is not otherwise publicly available.
Using certain features of our website may require that you provide us with your personal information. For example our website may include the following features:
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Mobile Alert Sign-Up (SMS)
- Contact Us (email)
- Public forums (e.g. message boards)
We may use your personal information to communicate with you about:
- your use of any of the features above;
- new content on our website;
- new contests;
- prize information;
- news that we think may interest you about us; and
- responses to your questions/comments to us.
We may use your demographic information for in-house statistics, advertising, and marketing target information.
You can always opt-out of receiving future communications from us; see the Choice/Opt-out section below.
- Other Information. Even if you don’t use any of the features above, when you visit our website, we may collect certain information about you.
- From your Browser. For example, our servers keep an activity log that tracks all visitors to the website. The information in the activity log does not identify you individually. The information collected may include among other data: your IP address, your registered domain or home server, time of access, date of access, web page(s) visited, number of clicks, software crash reports, type of browser used, session identification number, search terms, search results, access times and referring website’s address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information, such as country of origin and geographic location. We use such data in the aggregate to run internal analyses to improve upon your experience on our website.
- Cookies. “Cookies” are small text files that are stored on your computer and record your preferences when you visit certain online pages.
- Tracking Tags (also known as “web beacons,” “action tags” or “single-pixel gifs”). Our website may also use tracking tags. Tracking tags are invisible graphics embedded in the pages of our website that are programmed to collect non-personal information about your use of our website. Like cookies, tracking tags provide overall usage patterns for our website that we use for analysis and to provide personalized services and advertising content.
Information Collected by/Shared with Third Parties
- Advertising. We partner with advertising companies who may use information from cookies and the tracking tags they place on our website to provide you with targeted advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you based on your use of our website and to track the effectiveness of ads served to you. These advertising company partners may anonymously track your Internet usage across other websites in their networks beyond our website. Any information that these advertising companies collect via cookies and tracking tags is generally not personally identifiable (unless, for example, you provide personal information to them through an ad or email message). If you wish at any time to opt-out of the collection of information by these advertising companies, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Third Parties Doing Work for Us. We may employ other companies or individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as sending postal mail, email, and text messages, conducting sweepstakes/contests, prize fulfillment and promotional activities, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. These outside suppliers, agents and vendors have access to your personal information only as needed to perform their functions.
- Third Parties with Links from Our Website. From our website, you may be able to click on links to third party sites to buy tickets and merchandise and for other purposes. These third party sites may collect information, including personal information. We are not responsible for, nor do we have access to the information they collect. The collection of this information is governed by the privacy policies on the applicable third party sites.
- When necessary. We may also release personal information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of ourselves, our clients, our users, or others. Of course, we may disclose any personal information about you to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties, as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
- Third party vendors, including Google, show your ads on sites on the internet.
Mobile Message Sign-Up
If you subscribe to receive messages and alerts from us on your mobile device, by providing us with you mobile number, you acknowledge and agree:
- we are authorized to send you text messages which may include news, promotions and offers at the number you provide for such purposes until you opt-out as provided in the Choice/Opt-Out section;
- you are the owner or authorized user of the wireless device number you provide to us;
- you are at least 18 years of age;
- you reside in the U.S.;
- your wireless carrier’s standard messaging rates apply;
- your wireless carrier and other service providers may also collect data about your wireless device usage, and their practices are governed by their own policies;
- we do not guarantee the privacy or security of your wireless network or the messages you receive;
- we may access the content of your wireless account with your carrier for the purpose of identifying and resolving technical problems and/or service-related complaints; and
At times, this website may contain message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. We request users to give us contact information, such as name, email, address, occupation, and interests to be a registered bulletin board user. This information is optional and not necessary to post messages. This information may be used by the administrator to send the user email notices. However, users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the Choice/Opt-out section below. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and users should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information.
Directed at Adult Market
This website’s products and services are directed at an adult market, and therefore this website is intended for use by adults only. We encourage parents to take an active role in their children’s use of the Internet, and to inform them of the dangers of providing information about themselves over the Internet. Children of any age should always ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to anyone online. No information should be submitted to or posted on this website by users under 13 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian.
Users that this website knows to be under the age of 13 are hereby required to provide the email address of their parent or guardian to the Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that this website may alert the parent or guardian of their child’s use of this website. The parent or guardian must consent to this website’s collection of their child’s personal information. A known child user will be restricted from providing personal information until such consent is received. No information collected from users known to be under age 13 will be used for any marketing or promotional purposes outside this website. If this website collects personal information from children, it will do so in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (U.S.C. 6501 et seq.).
California Civil Code section 1798.83 permits California residents to request information about whether we have disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com.
This website has commercially reasonable security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Personal Information collected by our website is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. While we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
This website provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about the visitor.
This website gives users the following options for removing their information from our database to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service.
- Users can send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Users can opt-out of receiving future newsletter emails from us by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our newsletter.
- Mobile message subscribers can respond to a text from us with the message “unsubscribe” to stop receiving text messages from us.
This website gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided.
- Users can send email to: email@example.com
All text, images, graphics, sounds and software code (“Content”) on this website are copyrighted property of its respected owners, its clients, contributors and its programmers unless otherwise noted. They may only be used for the personal education of site visitors. They may not be placed in the public domain. You may not reproduce, redistribute, publish or otherwise use by electronic or any other means any of the Content without the prior written consent.
Pier 81 and other trademarks, service marks, brands, product names, designs and logos related to Pier 81 and indicated on this website are owned, controlled or licensed by us. They may not be used or displayed without our prior written consent. All other trademarks, service marks, brands, product names, designs, company names and logos appearing on this website are the property of their respective owners.
These terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action at law or in equity that arises out of or relates to any use of this website will be filed only in the state or federal courts located in New York County, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
In the event that we are, or any component of our operations is, merged with, or is acquired by, another entity, then any such successor or acquiring entity may become the successor to our obligations with respect to the personal information that you have provided to us, which would be necessary for the entity to effectively continue our business. By using this website, you consent to any such use of such personal information by such an entity assuming control of our operations as a result of a merger, purchase of assets, or liquidation in bankruptcy or insolvency.
Contacting the Website